Mechanical Engineer will Design/supervise construction mechanical aspects of pilot plants for chemical/ petrochemical industry.
- Experience with process equipment and pressure vessel design
- Experience with stress analysis, FEA, stainless steel fabrication, piping, flow, heat transfer, instrumentation, and controls
- Experience with oversight of design/drafter activities
- Experience working with CAD/Design software Preferred (AuotCAD, SolidWorks, Codeware)
- Knowledge of ASME Sec 8 Div 1 (pressure vessels) and PED codes is highly preferred •
- Individual must be highly collaborative, very energetic, outgoing and be able to work as a team member of project teams as well as have the ability to interact with customers and various internal and external personnel •
- In efforts to continually support clients, it may be required to support equipment assembly, start-up, installation, validation, and field service, as needed
- Interact with clients/customers/vendors/suppliers/fabricators.
Intermittent domestic and international travel is required to perform job duties, including commissioning equipment on customer site and sometimes during the course of construction. Typical trips are 2-3 days. With one trip 1-2 weeks per year.
Requirements: BS degree in Mechanical Engineering. PE a plus.
Experience in installing/running R&D equipment; conducting experiments. Experience in production a plus. Knowledge of chemical processes; understanding of electrical instrumentation/automation;
Proficiency in AutoCAD, Solidworks/ Pre-E, Codeware software, MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. Strong project management/leadership/communication skills.