Work in CAD software to design the processes that make food products enjoyed by consumers… like you and your family.
Our client is an OEM that partners with global companies in the Food and Beverage industry. In this role, you will help design the processes that make food products enjoyed by consumers like you and your family.
5 Year’s fluid processing experience is required.
As Mechanical Engineer, you will help deliver complete, fully functional process systems to “Fortune 500” food processor clients, on time and within budget. You will solve process design problems, working on multiple projects concurrently.
- BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5 Year’s fluid processing experience
- Experience in mechanical engineering and design
- Familiarity working with AutoCAD and SolidWorks packages
- Ability to understand and interpret P&ID’s and functional descriptions
- Ability to relate the processing system to the software controls
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to work well with a team, as well as be self-reliant and independent when necessary
- Be familiar with the elements of successful projects, including documentation, cost control, methodology, scheduling, and profitability
- Travel (up to 20%) to customer sites throughout the U.S. is required, with away-from-home stays of 1 day to 2 weeks
- Develop the P&ID’s associated with a customer’s design request
- Select the appropriate components considering form, fit, function, cost, and delivery; as well as develop the process bill of materials
- Develop the additional supporting documentation for the successful implementation of a project or quote request
- Develop 2D and 3D skid layouts and floor plans
- Be available to support customers or employees during system start-ups
- Report to Process Engineering Manager
Why work here?
- Nine paid holidays
- Generous PTO
- Health and dental insurance with a generous premium contribution by the company
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid by the company
- Group life insurance, paid by the company
- A 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, currently with a matching contribution