Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Department: Engineering & Technology
Reports to: Engineering Manager
The Mechanical Engineer executes capital projects and provides technical support to maintenance team.
- Lead the mechanical design for capital projects from conception to completion. Includes design, scope development, cost estimation, fund approval, material procurement, through project execution and commission for start-up.
- Coordinate with the production team to review project objective and develop mechanical design for proposal.
- Perform engineering calculations and/or analysis necessary for mechanical design.
- Ensure project mechanical design is compliant with process specifications, fabrication and construction codes and standards.
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines to ensure instrumentation, electrical, civil, and structural project needs are met.
- Provide engineering package including drawings, specifications, and work scope for project construction.
- Manage multiple contractors through project construction.
- Manage project budget and schedule through project execution.
- Maintain project documentation ensuring all documents are filed at end of project.
- Ensures adequate project-related spare parts are in place.
- Assist plant engineering projects team as needed.
- Provide technical support to plant mechanical maintenance group.
- In depth knowledge of and experience in project management of mechanical systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to effectively interface with production team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Project), AutoCAD, Pipe Flo
- Able to understand and work with piping and instrument diagrams (P&ID’s)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering
- 3 or more years of experience in major equipment preventative maintenance, equipment repairs and replacements
- Frequent lifting, pushing, and pulling of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders and work up to 160 feet in the air while wearing PPE
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment to work around liquid chemicals, acid fumes, silicon dust and hot equipment
- Ability to stoop and bend to floor level and squat to access and operate valves, pumps, perform maintenance, etc.
- Ability to work in inclement weather