We are searching for a Mechanical Engineer for an emerging medical devices company developing electromechanical cardiovascular products. The Mechanical Engineer will work collaboratively with senior engineers in the design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical materials and components for this exciting new platform. This well funded private company is positioned to go public next year.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer – Medical Devices
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical engineering. Other engineering disciplines will be considered, based on experience. Advanced degree preferred
- 2-5 years hands on engineering experience, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Experience evaluating mechanical and electro-mechanical materials and components, selection, design. Experience with assemblies and / or process and equipment development.
- Experience with verification and validation of medical device products or processes.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent statistical and analytical skills
- Strong communications skills, oral, written and electronic
- The ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with lab level evaluation, data analysis, feasibility studies preferred.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer – Medical Devices
- Develops new concepts from initial design to market release. This could include both product development and process development
- Interact with multiple functional groups.
- Directs support personnel and coordinates project activities.
- Help to analyze and generate intellectual property (patents).
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Investigates and evaluates existing technologies.