We are searching for a Mechanical Engineer for an emerging medical devices company developing electromechanical control consoles for cardiovascular platforms. The Mechanical Engineer will work collaboratively with senior engineers in the design and development of mechanical and electro-mechanical materials and components for this exciting new platform. This well funded private company is positioned to go public next year.
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer – Medical Devices
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical engineering. Other engineering disciplines will be considered, based on experience. Advanced degree preferred
- 2-5 years hands on engineering experience, preferably in the medical device industry.
- Experience evaluating mechanical and electro-mechanical materials and components, selection, design. Experience with assemblies and / or process and equipment development.
- Experience with verification and validation of medical device products or processes.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent statistical and analytical skills
- Strong communications skills, oral, written and electronic
- The ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with lab level evaluation, data analysis, feasibility studies preferred.
Responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer – Medical Devices
- Develops new concepts from initial design to market release. This could include both product development and process development
- Interact with multiple functional groups.
- Directs support personnel and coordinates project activities.
- Help to analyze and generate intellectual property (patents).
- Maintains detailed documentation throughout all phases of research and development.
- Investigates and evaluates existing technologies.
Occupational Category: 17-2141 Mechanical Engineers
: Please apply using the form or send your resume to Debbie Winkelbauer