Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Job Summary: The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for leading projects that bring new products to market. In this Mechanical Engineering role you will be responsible for designing and validating new products as they come to market. Prepare detailed working 3D models and drawings of machinery and mechanical devices, including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information.
· Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment.
· Coordinate design, lay out and detail components and systems for new products and existing product improvements.
· Create and review material part specifications and bills of materials.
· Review and analyze specifications, sketches, drawings and ideas.
· Work with SolidWorks and CAD software.
· Perform FEA on new designs
· Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed specifications for components or machinery.
· Assisting with updating reference manuals and technical publications on the operation and maintenance of mechanical systems.
· Work with an ERP system to enter parts and data to create reports and develop costing models.
Education & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree required (Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering degree preferred)
· Experience with SolidWorks Simulation or other FEA software preferred.
· Strong DraftSight, SolidWorks, Microsoft Office skills
· Heavy industrial manufacturing experience required working with mobile equipment, systems and components.
* 10+ years of engineering experience within either manufacturing and/or supply chain.
* Leadership experience. Someone who can lead a team of Engineers.
· Must be a highly motivated, self-starter that enjoys problem solving.
· Must be able to work within a team environment and self-directed, individual projects.