My client is a well established and stable manufacturer of custom automated manufacturing equipment / production solutions. Global sales for the entire business is around $500MM annually. They are presently seeking Mechanical Engineer to join their Aftermarket (Retrofit) Team, which can be located near Syracuse, NY or West of Mahwah, NJ. Will be responsible for designing, developing, and testing all aspects of the company’s custom automated machinery per customer specifications.
Since the job can require up to 50% travel (averages around 30%), a hybrid / partial remote arrangement can be made. However, the hired Mechanical Engineer will still need to be based / live near one of the two operational locations: Central NYS or Northern NJ. Partial Remote Placement becomes less likely the more junior the mechanical engineer, who requires more training and support from his or her more senior colleagues.
It is an excellent career opportunity to be part of a well-established custom automation manufacturer, who firmly believes in creating a positive work environment that encourages a good work / life balance. Plus its a company that pays its salaried employees overtime.
- BSME / MET or an Associate degree with a combination of coursework and experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of machine design experience is required. Will consider good CO-OP Machine Design experience or someone, who has over 25 years of experience.
- Must have strong hands-on experience involving 3D Solid Modeling using SolidWorks, and/or AutoCAD 3D / Inventor. Company primarily using SolidWorks.
- Experience selecting electric motors, sensors, drives, and gear boxes is strongly preferred.
- Any experience involving machining / custom part fabrication is a big plus.
- Experience in installing, start-up and commissioning of automated machinery is preferred.
- Project Management and customer interface experience is a big plus.
- Experience in utilizing Microsoft Office products is a must.
- Enhanced written and communication skills is required.
COMPENSATION: Salary range from $75K to $105K (DOE) plus annual bonus up to 5% and paid overtime (straight time) for working over 45 hours.