Position: Mechanical Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Department Lead
Position Purpose & Focus The role of the Mechanical Engineer is to produce successful products, from concept to production, in a timely manner and in accordance with project budget and scope.
Results | KPIs
- Achieve designated project timelines.
- Final product is measured accurately and completed on-budget COT.
- Successful product performance in testing and in field performance.
Qualifications | Competencies | Success Factors
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent in work experience.
- Proficiency with SolidWorks 2019; certification preferred.
- Experience with planning and executing design verification activities, including protocols and validation.
- Knowledge of performing statistical analysis.
- At least 5 years of related experience in electromechanical design and performance verification, or the equivalent of education and experience required.
- Previous experience with sheet metal design and/or equipment design for manufacturing a plus.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 or experience on an implementation team highly desirable.
- High attention to detail.
- Competent analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Responsible and accountable for their work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply sophisticated mathematical concepts to tasks such as strength of materials reliability testing, analysis of variance, correlation studies, and sampling theory, statistical analysis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design electromechanical assemblies to support the release of new designs and craft improvements to existing designs.
- Participate in collaborative efforts with the Engineering department and Sales/Customer Support to develop next-generation products.
- Analyze and interpret design verification data.
- Assess and provide design validation criteria to properly determine functionality and performance.
- Assist with coordinating design verification activities, including assigning roles and responsibilities in the verification process.
- Develop test strategies to demonstrate that a design meets the requirements and specifications.
- Escalate potential issues to the Senior Mechanical Engineer as needed.
- May be required to advise on a technical specialty or design.
- As needed, work with established outside vendor(s) regarding product oversight, timelines, and quality control.
Working Conditions Physical Requirements While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Lift/Carry: Twisting/Turning
- Under 10 lbs: Reach over shoulder
- 11-20 lbs: Reach over head
- 21-50 lbs: Reach outward
- 51-100 lbs: Climb
- Over 100 lbs: Crawl
- Pushing/Pulling: Squat
- Under 10 lbs: Sit
- 11-20 lbs: Walk-Normal Surfaces
- 21-50 lbs: Walk-Uneven Surfaces
- 51-100 lbs: Walk-Slippery Surfaces
- Over 100 lbs: Stand
- Driving: Automatic Trans, Other
- Standard Trans: Keyboard/Ten Key
- Fingering (fine dexterity)
- Handling (grasping, holding)
Position Summary Acknowledgement I have received, reviewed, and fully understand this position summary. I further understand that I am responsible for the satisfactory execution of the essential functions described therein, under any and all conditions as described. The list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary. The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.