Mechanical Engineer – Support Production Line
Summary: Responsible for the coordination of all repairs, modifications and preventive maintenance activities for the assigned asset equipment.
Location: Desirable Southeastern Metropolitan area.
- Ensure reliability for an Extrusion line and associated areas such as Slitting, Grinding, Reclaim and Chip/Flake handling.
- Provide technical maintenance and troubleshooting support to extrusion line.
- Work with Production Support Team to support upgrades, capital plans and safety improvements.
- Plan and coordinate downtime as needed for maintenance and upgrades.
- Analyze equipment breakdowns and premature failures for root cause and failure trends.
- Implement equipment improves to address safety, quality and productivity concerns.
- Gatekeeper for maintenance work orders.
- Monitor and control maintenance spending against budget.
- Key contact between areas of responsibility and Engineering, Construction and Maintenance groups.
- Develop and update maintenance job plans.
- May also include ensuring site-wide equipment / and or systems that are used in production are in good working order.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering with a continuous process.
- Experience with Preventative Maintenance plans.
- Strong leadership, communication, organizational and trouble-shooting skills.
- Strong problem solving, judgement and critical thinking skills.
- Willingness to provide off hours support as needed.
- Experience with film, paper, foil, or other flexible substrate would be viewed favorably.
- Recycling experience with polymer products would also be viewed favorably.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or other similar technical degree required
Reports to: Line Manager