Mechanical Designer – Production Equipment & Packaging Lines – Food/Beverage Equipment and Processes
Appleton, Oshkosh, Green Bay, WI area.
The Mechanical Designer has detailed equipment design and line layout responsibilities forfood production and packaging projects. Your responsibilities will be to provide designs from concept to construction primarily using AutoCAD 2D.
These systems consist of OEM machine centers with interconnecting conveyance as well as interfacing to power, controls, and utilities.
In addition, you will assist engineers and subject matter experts in proper layout with consideration to spatial requirements, operational requirements, building use, equipment and material workflow, and safety.
• Create equipment and production line layouts in AutoCAD 2D.
• Acquire equipment models from vendors and incorporate into plant layouts.
• Create GMP designs with an emphasis on operability, maintainability, and uptime.
• Organize drawings and drawing tools effectively to provide efficient work.
• Lead document control and versioning activities to ensure project submittals, deliverables, transmittals, and all related documentation is properly processed, tracked, and controlled.
• Participate and document design reviews and drawing updates from initial design through final as-built drawings.
• Ensure adherence with local, city, state, federal and all applicable regulations.
• 5+ years of experience in food production and packaging line design and drafting.
• Experience in the food industry, including applicable USDA regulations and designs that support proper sanitation and GMPs.
• Detailed understanding of all types of packaging equipment in the food industry and experience integrating this equipment into packaging lines.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and interact with the client and all team members in a respectful and professional manner.
• Must be proficient in active listening, seeking clarification, and thoroughly understanding the client’s needs and the needs of the project.
• Must be energetic, outgoing, and enjoy building relationships.
• Must be self-motivated and possess the fire and drive to take care of the client and succeed.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and deal with ambiguity.
• Strong desire and aptitude to interact and build relationships with clients.
• Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD software and creating equipment general arrangements and plant layouts.
• General understanding of automation control systems.
• Willing and able to travel as necessary for the project. Typically, up to 15% travel to primary job site.
AAS in Mechanical Drafting and Design or equivalent experience is preferred.
About the Company:
This is an exceptional consulting firm focused on client’s needs, good communication, and helping others.
We represent clients in an Engineering and Logistical capacity to plan, organize, and execute projects.
Our specialties are Capital Projects, Project Management, Line Optimization, and Industrial Automation.
Additionally, we offer both handheld and drone based Infrared
Inspections to document equipment operating conditions, highlight potential issues, and provide corrective recommendations.