Our client is a family owned growing operation that prides itself in understaing a good work-life balance. This provider of custom machines is in need of a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team! The Mechanical Design Engineer will design, develop, and test all aspects of mechanical components and machinery! This position will report to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
What you will be doing:
- Develop the structural design of products using drafting tools, CAD or drafting equipment and software.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical equipment and systems and processes to meet requirements.
- Collaborate with project team, peers and management to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, or provide technical information.
- Recommend design modifications to eliminate machine or system malfunctions.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, and possible new applications.
- Develop, coordinate, or monitor all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, or operation of product designs.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Provide the Project Manager with timely status reports of assignments.
- Complete all necessary project development paperwork and produce meaningful project control documentation.
- Travels as required to complete project tasks.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with customers, subcontractors, vendors and co-workers to accomplish projects.
What they are looking for:
- Minimum of an Associates degree, but preference for a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 3 years of experience in mechanical design of industrial automation equipment is required.
- Proficient with using SolidWorks and EPDM software is preferred.
- Experience with custom equipment or conveyors is a plus.
- Must be able to “think outside the box”.
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Holiday, sick time and PTO