Mechanical Design Engineer
The company is a leading manufacturer of flexible tanks, vehicle and equipment covers as well as fluid handling systems mainly for military applications.
Due to recent growth, we have an immediate need to add two experienced Mechanical Design Engineers to our team.
- The design of new and revising existing fuel and water systems, flexible tanks and covers.
- Interpret complex customer requirements and specifications into new designs.
- Meet or exceed customer requirements with economic solutions using sound engineering practices.
- Effectively work as part of a larger team, also be self-directed on individual projects.
- Be able and willing to work with production personnel to build or assemble the designed components.
- Work with vendors on new or existing technology to solve design problems in a timely manner.
- Develop and cost new designs for future growth opportunities.
- Experience developing engineering solutions in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with trailer design, fluid transfer systems or laminated products desirable.
- Project development and organizational skills adhering to all cost and timing limitations.
- Experienced with engineering tools such as SolidWorks or similar CAD and/or analysis software.
- Ability to read measuring tools, specify and conduct qualification tests and write test reports
- Knowledge of Bills of Materials, Bills of Manufacturing and Manufacturing Process Flow concepts.
- Ability to work with various departments to facilitate the execution of a proposed project plan.
- Professional demeanor with the ability to be flexible, work with customers team members.
- Preference given to those with a Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Ability to travel to customers both domestic and foreign.
- Live within a reasonable commuting distance of South Bend Indiana or willing to relocate.