The Mechanical/Design Engineer, Robotics will design and develop the mechanics of packaging machinery from existing designs or accumulation of designs for optimum performance at the most economical costs. Prepare a package of working drawings and bills of materials for standard manufacturing processes.
- Oversee machinery designs for solving our customer’s packaging needs and develop effective packaging processes.
- Use 3D solid modeling to design machinery mechanics from an accumulation of industry standard designs to develop innovative machinery for customer’s changing needs.
- Responsible for accuracy of calculations in the fields of kinematics, dynamics, pneumatics and servo motion analysis required for designing automation mechanisms and equipment.
- Create and maintain mechanical bills of materials, in a structured format and submit to production for manufacturing on the specific equipment.
- Detail working drawing mechanics for economical manufacturing practices.
- Research purchased mechanical components for adequate sizing and selection of mechanical devices.
- Develop working assembly drawings for production and customer usage in component identification.
- Assist in cost reduction and quality improvement of the mechanical designs for our machinery.
- Understand customer’s mechanical specifications and needs for their packaging operations. Assist technical writer in creation of machine documentation.