Greater Milwaukee Area Company
Be a part of an organization, with a dynamic leadership team that truly values and appreciates the people that work there. Excellent growth opportunities!
Company – A major player in the heavy mobile equipment industry
- This is a growing division of $1.8 billion
- 25-person design engineering group in Milwaukee
- New and innovative product lines both designed and built onsite
- Dynamic engineering management team
- Outstanding culture focused on safety and the growth of the individual.
Our client is a manufacturer of heavy vehicles, and they need to add a Mechanical Design Engineer to their team. Using Top-Down Design methodology, you will be designing the overall framework of the new machines or updates to existing machines or their electrical systems. You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager for New Product Development.
Sorry, no visa sponsorship is available for this position.
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop, and enhance new and existing heavy vehicles using Top-Down Design methodology
- 75%+ of your day will be spent creating models and drawings using Siemens NX CAD. The other part of your day, you get to go out on the shop floor and see the product being assembled. You have the opportunity to get your hands dirty and actually work with the products.
- Analyze and select materials and components
- Serve as the technical leader for projects
- Perform component and machine cost analysis
What they are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of design experience in a manufacturing setting, with at least some Top-Down design experience
- Equipment, off-road vehicle, or heavy truck design experience is a plus
- Practical understanding of FEA
- 3D CAD skills, they use Siemens NX
- High level of practical mechanical or electrical aptitude such as having worked on a farm, as production operator, or weekend “gear head”
- Medical, dental, and vision insurances
- 401(k) – Company will match 75% on up to 6% contribution by employee
- 8% bonus
- Flexible work hours (work 9 hours Mon-Thur and only 4 hours on Fri w/o taking PTO)
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short- or long-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurances
- Tuition reimbursement
- On-site fitness center
- On-site nurse