· Product Design and Development:
o Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including R&D, production, and quality assurance, to conceptualize and design mechanical components and systems.
o Utilize CAD software (such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or equivalent) to create detailed 3D models, assemblies, and engineering drawings.
o Ensure that designs meet functional requirements, safety standards, and manufacturing guidelines.
· Prototyping and Testing:
o Create prototypes and mock-ups of mechanical designs to validate concepts and assess their feasibility.
o Plan and conduct various tests, including stress analysis, thermal analysis, and tolerance analysis, to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs.
o Interpret test results and implement necessary design modifications for continuous improvement.
· Technical Documentation:
o Generate comprehensive engineering documentation, including drawings, bills of materials (BOMs), and technical specifications, to support the manufacturing process.
· Manufacturing Training:
o Work closely with the manufacturing team to provide technical guidance during the production process, addressing any design-related issues that may arise.
o Collaborate with suppliers to select appropriate materials and components, considering cost, availability, and quality.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
· 3-5 years of proven experience in mechanical design within a manufacturing environment.
· Proficiency in CAD software (e.g., SolidWorks, AutoCAD) and other relevant engineering tools.
· Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering principles, materials, and manufacturing processes.
· Familiarity with simulation and analysis tools for stress, thermal, and tolerance analysis.
· Experience with project management, from concept to completion, is a plus.