MATERIAL COORDINATOR – CENTRAL INDIANA
To ensure customer orders are shipped on time with good quality and accurate counts. Work within standard cost structure to meet or exceed budget requirements. Maintain good condition of materials in storage. Maintain accuracy of inventory in Shop Edge.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
A. Report all quality, production or safety problems to the responsible Manager.
B. Must have the ability to be on the job during normal business hours. Work additional hours as needed. Work from home as needed.
C. Responsible to release and ensure delivery of all processor parts, verify weights, inventory transaction(s) in Shop Edge, and monitor all returnable containers. Schedule delivery of disposable containers, wood skids, separators, etc.
D. Assist in a full material control system with every incoming item having a purchase order, a signed receiving slip. Work with materials coordinators.
E. Assist in total inventory control. Responsible for the organization and maintenance of RM, WIP, FG inventory and purchased parts. Work with materials team as necessary to verify inventory adjustments, cycle counts, designate and assist.
F. Assist in IATF 16949 implementation and maintenance, as required.
G. Maintain a solid focus on reducing costs while maintaining required quality levels. Find and implement cost savings.
H. Assist and Supervise in completing monthly and yearly inventories.
I. Ability to relate well to people both on the phone and in person.
J. Ensure shipping/operator instructions are updated and followed. Proficiency in Shop Edge is a must. K. Adjust schedule as required to meet demand and maintain budget.
L. Health and Safety of self, direct reports, outside contractors, and support personnel.
M. Oversee and implement labor policies (attendance, discipline and hourly workforce tracking).
N. Ensure quality parts are shipped to customer requirements.
O. Mutually establish goals and objectives with team members.
P. Implement and monitor training programs. Develop cross training programs.
Q. Review and evaluate all employee evaluations – Operations Manager / Purchasing Director.
R. New hire baseline, monitor, record and train.
S. Perform subordinates’ jobs in their absence in the event that we have no option to cover upwards.
T. Review work center schedules and shipping schedules daily. Escalate any hot list items that are not being received in timely manner. Report any unshipped item at the end of the day via escalation. Control and monitor all expedited freight.
U. Customer complaints – research, monitor, discipline.
V. Develop schedules – in and out going shipments, maximize windows.
W. Assist and develop work instructions on all containers, labels and safety/stacking related to warehouse storage plan.
X. Responsible to support ISO standards.
Y. Control all returnable containers, ordering to maintain min/max, cleanliness, labels and condition of containers.
Z. Assist Materials Group as needed.
a. Listen to each employee’s problems and make sure to follow up on their suggestions.
b. Praise the employee for a job well done.
c. Stress the need for teamwork.
a. Be positive.
b. Look for ways to improve, given the environment.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Associates degree in related field preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in same or similar manufacturing environment.
• Basic computer skills with MS Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Will possess the organizational skills necessary to maintain company records in compliance with the Materials/Distribution and Shipping/Receiving Departments and TS 16949 procedures.
• Will have the ability to work a schedule that allows completion of the job on a daily basis.
• Demonstrated strong leadership qualities.
• Demonstrate a “hands on” approach. Must know or have a strong working knowledge of MRP/ERP systems. Personal/Technical Skills:
• Ability to work with a dynamic and demanding team.
• Accurate, efficient, & proactive in daily duties.
• Ability to conduct basic maintenance or mechanical activities as required.
• Ability to work at a fast pace.
• Accountable – teachable – approachable
• Ability to learn, make decisions, and be creative & flexible.
• Ability to problem solve.
• Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
• Ability to stand up for a minimum of 8 hours.
• Anility to work under pressure to tight timelines.
• Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language (English). For the Mexico division this is preferred, not required. Computer/Software:
• Demonstrated basic computer skills Outlook, Excel, Word.
• Drug Free workplace
• Train-the-Trainer for Forklift Certification
• New Hire Orientation
• New Hire Safety Orientation
Office: Open Office Environment Plant: Various types of manufacturing environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The primary job functions involve the ability to stand while operating assembly equipment for extended periods of time. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to talk, see, and hear. The team member must be capable of walking, sitting, and standing for extended periods and is occasionally required to lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds.