The Manufacturing Site Leader will be responsible for directly overseeing manufacturing, maintenance, quality, and logistics for our long-time client located in Red Wing, MN. Reporting to the Regional Director of Operations, you will be directly accountable for the P&L and Strategic Growth Plan of the entire site while partnering with the Site, Marketing, Sales, Customer Relations, Finance and Engineering teams to build a robust year over year Budget Plan. You will be an integral part of the overall success of the manufacturing operation and instrumental in improving processes in Safety, Quality, SIOP, Customer Experience, On-Time Delivery, Efficiency, Employee and Leader Development, Cost Management, Operational and Business Excellence.
Screenshot of some of your responsibilities:
- Manufacturing Site Leader manages the successful operation of our Manufacturing Operating System (MOS) from demand and resource planning, plant scheduling through the order execution and shipping.
- In partnership with Engineering and CI, will plan and direct improvement initiatives such as efficient layout of equipment, automation, flow of materials, capacity expansion and waste reduction
- Ensures manufacturing performance, volume and quality goals are met by developing and driving the right Operational Excellence methods.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets
- Assesses, manages, and mitigates operational risks in areas including budgetary, quality, human resources, and compliance (both internally for our industry compliance and externally via our supplier’s compliance)
- Benchmarks, tracks, and analyzes annual performance metrics and trends against budget and plant performance to demonstrate continuous improvement and progress against strategic objectives.
- Communicates on a consistent basis with executives and managers to establish and execute integrated initiatives throughout the organization
- Provide day-to-day leadership, coaching, development, and corrective actions.
- Implements standard work, executes objectives, holds team accountable for optimal team performance.
- Responsible for ensuring proper tools and controls are in place to maximize the performance of the group. Key metrics to manage are: Safety Observations, On Time & In Full, Customer Return $, Material Scrap and Loss, Efficiencies and Cost / Std Hr.
- Identifies inventory obsolescence issues and work with management to address them.
- Identifies new ways to enhance and promote a positive workplace environment. Partners with HR on our People Experience, Onboarding and Reward Programs.
- Recruits, develops, and retains a high performing and high achieving team
- Maintain effective & collaborative relationships with other internal departments as well as client base. Provide customers with a “showcase” experience to promote business development.
- Mentor the department’s personnel to ensure professional, friendly, confident and capable with all aspects of internal and external customer interaction
- Highly Prefer 4-year degree, in Engineering, Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain and advanced degree a plus
- Must have minimum of 5 years of supervisory/leadership experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Expert PowerPoint, Presentation, Excel, Project Management skills
- Can effectively utilize Oracle ERP system to manage business as well as assist co-workers and direct reports.
- Solid understanding of safe work practices and OSHA
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lead operations initiatives and drive Sales, Revenue, Cost Management, Gross Profit and Budget
- Demonstrates the adaptability to work independently, but also with a team.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- 5+ years of supervisory experience in a lean manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Exhibited leadership in your everyday work
- Experience in managing 5 or more front-line supervisors
- Proven success in large-scale improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates to meet it
- Comfort in public speaking with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy working with numbers and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions
- Data-driven problem to solver
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results of individual and team goals
MUST BE U.S. CITIZEN
PERKS – Unlimited PTO / Bonus potential 22% /