Manufacturing Operations Manager (job description)
We have partnered with a Global Packaging and Printing Company to lead a search for their Manufacturing Operations Manager role near Cincinnati Ohio.
· Minimum 5 years total manufacturing experience (minimum 3 years manufacturing experience with supervisory responsibilities).
· Experience with 5S/Continuous Improvement (Lean)
· Demonstrated hands-on experience with machinery/automation and computer-based software (financial reporting, attendance tracking, inventory control and Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel).
· Self-motivated, works with a sense of urgency and purpose, able to multi-task and function independently, well-organized and detail oriented.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally & written, with all levels of employees.
· Experience in process improvement programs preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to change and support/lead manufacturing projects.
· Printing/Packaging experience preferred.
· Deliver company business objectives in Safety, Quality and Productivity using Continuous Improvement principles while effectively engaging their direct reports and leading their cross functional team of hourly personnel within the production Operation.
· This individual must possess strong interpersonal skills and to do what is necessary, within plant guidelines and procedures, to ensure the shift and overall Operation is successful.
· Ability to lead up to 100 employees in their job assignments within any area of the Operation and accountability for major plant equipment assets.
· Demonstrated ability to coach/teach/mentor, provide feedback/constructive criticism and performance manage personnel.
· Sustain a clean and safe working environment and maintain compliance with established company and customer policies and procedures.
· Champion company safety and quality culture, as well as active participation and contribution to Continuous Improvement programs and initiatives.
· Ability to communicate job expectations and ensure accountability to established standards/processes/practices/procedures.
· Achieve production plan and production targets by effectively scheduling and assigning personnel, and resolving safety, quality, productivity, maintenance, and personnel issues as they arise.
· Understand, communicate, and execute production priorities. Ensure accurate results and information is reported on shift production summaries.
· Demonstrated experience automating equipment and processes.
· Complete all necessary personnel documentation and reports (including time & attendance) and conduct effective performance reviews.
· Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, Operations Management, Technical Degree Required)
· US Citizen