A location where you are comfortable commuting to both Mentor, OH and Sandy Lake, PA where the two plants are that this position is responsible for.
Commensurate with experience and is a combination of salary and bonus potential.
The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for the manufacturing of Industrial Power Systems at 2 plants, one in Mentor, OH and the other in Sandy Lake, PA (2 days/week in mentor and 3 days/week in Sandy Lake). The position has 3 direct reports and 20 indirect reports. Responsibilities include scheduling, manufacturing, testing, delivery of products and systems, and tracking materials and vendor services to meet production schedules and fill capital requests. Employees at this company value the company culture, which is known for high ethical standards, promoting from within, and maintaining a constant focus on quality, customer satisfaction and continuous improvement. Their products have gained a reputation for having the highest quality and reliability, and are manufactured under ISO 9001 certified quality systems.
- Ensure that the corporation’s customers are serviced at the highest level of satisfaction through quality products, courteous employees and quick response to needs.
- Establish short- and long-range manufacturing plans.
- On-Time Delivery of Products (to Customers) and Systems (to Engineering).
- Budget and cost control for Operational cost centers.
- Capital Budget and justifications for Operation cost centers.
- Production Management (including Engineering package release dates).
- Set manufacturing standards.
- Production manpower forecasts including overtime projections for multiple sites.
- Production department cost reductions and efficiency improvements.
- Monitor domestic manufacturing activities, performance and results and initiate corrective action to minimize costs, eliminate material shortages and reduce deviations from the production schedule.
- Oversight of turnaround of Repair delivery.
- Resolve Engineering release issues that effect on time delivery to the Customer.
- Assist in cost and delivery estimates for proposals as requested.
- Coordination with purchasing team to maintain expected schedules.
- Monitor inventory levels and initiate corrective actions to improve inventory turns.
- Resolve substitute parts issues caused by lead time, cost, or obsolescence with Engineering.
- Manage the Logistics function.
- Coordinate testing schedules with System Test Engineer to ensure availability of test and service resources where/when needed. Recommend changes to existing policies necessary to improve the conduct of business and the profitability of the corporation.
- Keep informed on general business trends as they relate to manufacturing techniques, processes and equipment.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations issued by OSHA, EPA and other federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Negotiate and administer the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Local Union promoting sound employee relations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in a technical or business field.
- Minimum of 10 years of diversified business experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing management.
- Experience with custom manufactured products.
- Ability to Travel domestically and internationally.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills and diplomacy.
- Budgeting experience.
- Experience working in an ISO or similar controlled manufacturing environment.
- Experience in management of a multiple location manufacturing organization.
- Mandarin Chinese language skills a plus.
- Experience with manufacturing of electrical / electronic products.
- Masters degree in technical or business field.
Keywords: Manufacturing, Management, ISO, Electrical, Electronic, Capital Equipment, Power distribution
How to Express Interest – Click the Apply button and follow the online instructions.