The Engineering Manager will manage the Manufacturing Engineering Department. They will provide leadership and support on the launch of new products, as assigned, to ensure timeliness and minimal errors, oversee the implementation of new processes, capacity increases, quality and scrap improvements, cost reductions, and support all technical requirements of the manufacturing environment.
- Drives Engineers in the improvement of the cost and quality of manufacturing.
- Supervises Manufacturing Engineering and Support functions for current manufacturing processes, new process justification and implementation, machines, equipment, tooling, work standards, and technical troubleshooting to provide the most efficient and economical manufacturing and assembly of quality products.
- Coordinates release dates and availability of machines, equipment, and material schedules to satisfy demand. Ensures implementation of modern technology and verifies the effectiveness of equipment and systems. Establishes standards and works with shop personnel to resolve problems related to process, tooling, equipment, etc.
- Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, and affirmative action.
- Provides training, development, and motivation for a staff capable of completing objectives and implementing cost reduction projects ensuring concurrent product and process design and meeting requirements of the manufacturing/assembly process.
- Actively involved in decisions requiring experienced judgment and communicates regularly with managers of other divisions and departments as well as suppliers in resolving disagreements and providing information.
- Provides technical input to the development and reviews capital projects and challenges content of projects for validity and value before sending on to upper management for approval.
- Develops and maintains budgetary controls for the section, establishes and reviews objectives, and provides personnel requirements and future forecasts.
- Maintains awareness of new technology and evaluates its value to the profit center.
- Assists staff in developing and implementing new systems and keeps other areas informed of progress.
- B.S. Degree in an Engineering discipline
- 5+ years as an Engineer involved in Automotive plastic molding automation and implementation of new product lines, maintaining, and modifying current products, or equivalent education and experience in related discipline as documented by the hiring manager
- Previous leadership experience with exceptional communication and organization skills
- Proficient in Lean manufacturing techniques, cost quotes and analysis, cost reduction and justification, continuous improvement, established measurables and labor standards / takt time, process and operation design / improvement, sales forecasts, capacity models, documentation creation / maintenance, e.g. PFMEA’s, Work Instructions, etc.
- Process Control (CPK a plus)
- Six Sigma Black Belt a plus