We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our growing company. Our customers drive the work we do. We empower our employees to deliver best-in-class service. As part of our team, you are responsible for identifying new methods, resolving problems, achieving cost savings, and working with internal teams to ensure production runs smoothly and safely. Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related field, professional experience within a manufacturing and design environment, and strong problem-solving and math skills.
· Collaborate with design and production teams to define tooling requirements and goals
· Resolve problems related to tooling impacting the manufacturing, safety, quality, or costs
· Generate and implement ideas to reduce tool costs and overall manufacturing costs
· Work with internal teams to ensure tooling issues don’t interrupt production
· Manage weekly tooling spend against a variable piece cost budget
· The overall usage and completeness of the plant Gage Trak or applicable database.
· Identify possible improvements to existing gages. Gage Program modifications.
· Create report to manage gage recertification.
· Track repair history of gages.
· Recommend optimized machining processes and cutting parameters
· Introduce new technology and improved tooling designs
· Work with the preset team to implement proper tool setup techniques
· Adhere to customer safety requirements and customer tool test procedures
· Maintains safety and acceptable housekeeping standards for the site
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or closely related technical field
· Prior experience designing and tooling parts in a manufacturing environment
· Strong math and problem-solving skills and ability to read blueprints and schematics
· Proficiency with computers, MS office, SharePoint and standard drafting software
· Able to work with little to no supervision and ability to multitask
· Strong interpersonal, leadership, and organizational skills
· Good written, oral communication skills, computer, and system knowledge
· Comply with all safety guidelines to ensure a safe work environment, including always wearing the proper PPE, safely handling materials, tools, and chemicals, and reporting unsafe work conditions or equipment immediately
· Successfully pass the required pre-employment background check and drug screen