This full-time position is focused on designing, implementing, and standardizing manufacturing processes. A strong emphasis on providing the engineering needed for flawless first-time launch of new products. Additionally, this position is the champion of continuously improving processes for legacy products, driving cost reductions, improving quality, and reducing lead time.
KEY OBJECTIVES FOR THIS ROLE
- Produce the framework for new products utilizing the techniques found in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
- Facilitate effective communication in a cross functional team setting.
- Develop process routings, tooling, gaging and fixturing to ensure first-pass success of products.
- Provide a continuous drive for improvement across core capabilities.
- Oversee capital projects required for business growth in current and emerging markets.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing Principles to reduce waste.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced team environment and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to apply analytical skills and scientific technical principles in problem solving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop highly detailed manufacturing instructions (routers) to support production needs – including Bill of Materials, Raw Material identification, Outside Processes, Process Drawings, Assembly Drawings and Instructions, and Factory Layout Designs.
- Review customer specifications to ensure that all technical requirements are met and be able to apply those requirements to the production plan.
- Preform as the key contact in the plant for product related activities involving qualification and launch of new products.
- Design all required fixtures and gages to ensure a successful production plan.
- Work with production team members to identify continuous improvement opportunities and develop/execute plans to realize improvements.
- Evaluate and implement internal or customer driven engineering changes.
- Work with cross-functional teams including Operations, Planning, & Programming to ensure production process and machining / tooling requirements are synchronized.
- Collaborate closely with customers to develop valuable design-for-manufacture solutions.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement improvements and modifications to core capabilities, equipment, and ability to conduct business.
- Adhere to defined work instructions and processes to produce consistent high-quality work.
- Provide manufacturing cost estimates for new and existing products.
- Work and communicate in a highly professional manner with colleagues and customers alike. Success in this position will require the development of cooperative, cross-functional, team-based relationships that are based on strong, professional communication and clear understanding of objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Extensive hands-on experience with the following manufacturing equipment: CNC Mills 3 & 5 axis, CNC Turning, EDM, Gun Drilling, Welding, Hydrostatic Pressure testing, and Heat Treat.
- Strong ability to read and interpret technical documentation: Specifications, Procedures, Drawings, GD&T, and Manuals.
- Ability to apply principles of machining, metrology, quality control, mathematics, and engineering economics.
- Proficiency with solid modeling software: Creo, Inventor, Solidworks (Preferred).
- Experience using ERP systems: Visual MFG, Global Shop, JD Edwards (Preferred).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with a focus on Excel.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles/processes: Lean Manufacturing, PPAP, APQP, PFEMA, SPC.
- Weld engineering and weld procedure qualification is beneficial.
- Additive manufacturing experience and knowledge is beneficial.