This position is responsible for leading audit teams in the execution of financial and internal control audits These audit activities include internal control audits at the majority of the Company’s large subsidiaries in support of Management’s Assessment of Internal Control over Financial Reporting as well as specific scope financial statement audits at certain of the Company’s smaller worldwide locations.
The Internal Audit Department may work on various other projects on an ad hoc basis. The Manager, Internal Audit reports directly to the Director of Internal Audit during the execution of the procedures described above. This position will typically work in a hybrid environment spending several days per week at headquarters in Medina, Ohio while also having the opportunity to work from home several days per week. In addition, this role may be asked to travel up to 25% of the year.
- Manage the day-to-day audit site visits, which consists of evaluating the design and testing operating effectiveness of key internal controls and/or testing of key financial statement accounts and processes. These responsibilities include:
- Training and supervising Staff & Senior Auditors in ensuring the effective and efficient execution of the audit.
- Provide training and re-enforcement to worldwide financial managers regarding the expectations surrounding the Company’s internal control framework.
- Effectively communicate with local financial management, regarding the nature of audit documentation requests, an overview of procedures performed, and the results of the audit.
- Providing timely status updates to the Director of Internal Audit regarding audit issues identified, staffing issues, concerns with local management, etc.
- Deliver workpapers to external auditor within agreed upon deadline. Respond to any review comments from the external auditor in a timely and thoughtful manner.
- Conduct follow-up discussion and tests to ascertain whether agreed upon corrective measures have been implemented.
- Respond to internal requests for support or assistance in a prompt and professional manner.
- Keep abreast of laws, rules and regulations issued by applicable regulatory agencies with which the Company must comply.
- Maintain personal and professional competency through appropriate participation in professional organizations and attendance at relevant internal and external training opportunities.
- 5 to 7 years of experience is preferred.
- Knowledge equivalent to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor are preferred.
Knowledge and Skills Required for Position
- Positive Attitude & willingness to travel in small teams
- Ability to communicate, learn, and be self-sufficient
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Business office skills – ability to use a laptop computer (including word processing and spreadsheet applications)
The employee will be eligible to participate in all applicable corporate benefit programs which include a defined benefit pension plan, a company-matched 401(k), medical and dental plans, group life and disability plans, and employee assistance program. The employee will also be eligible for paid vacation, PTO, paid holidays, and tuition reimbursement. Employee will be eligible for annual merit increases and bonus.