Our client is looking for an experienced;
Manager Corporate Tax, Toledo area
Position will require working in the office 2-3 days/week and remainder will be remote.
Our Client is a large Healthcare Organization.
The Tax Department is a Corporation service for all Health System entities and controlled affiliates.
Responsible to direct the tax function of the company by insuring that all tax requirements
legally imposed on the company by tax authorities are complied with at the lowest allowable
tax and economic cost. Taxes including but not limited to excise, income, franchise, sales and use, property, business license, gross receipts and exempt tax compliance are expected to be the responsibilities of the Tax Department.
1. Directs and oversees the Health System and controlled affiliates’ tax policies and objectives.
2. Monitors reporting and planning to ensure compliance with applicable tax statutes.
3. Ensures the accuracy of tax returns and works to minimize the organizations tax obligations.
4. Responsible for all tax audit activity including monitoring progress, defending tax positions and negotiating audit issues.
5. Monitors new tax developments to identify and implement opportunities to save tax and to maintain compliance with tax regulations.
6. Consults with other company departments which are responsible for tax or tax sensitive issues.
7. Ensures that the Company’s accounting for income taxes is appropriate and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
8. Staffs the department with capable people; Plans the work for employees with due regard for
performance and skills
BS Degree, CPA, 5+ Years leadership experience
Salary + 401k + Relo + Benefits, etc…