We are seeking a Business Development Manager to join the sales team at a biotech company developing custom proteins, antibodies and peptides.
Requirements for Business Development Manager:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably molecular biology or biotechnology. Advanced degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in business development in pharma / biotech or IVD industrial fields.
- Understanding of drug discovery and development, IVD and therapeutic areas of interest.
- Passionate, dynamic personality, highly motivated self-starter who thrives in collaborative environment.
- The ability to exercise strong judgement while navigating open-ended situations with independence.
- Excellent communication skills, oral, written, presentation and electronic.
- The ability to work both independently and in teams at all levels within an organization, including at the executive level.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Excellent client facing skills and ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships.
Responsibilities of the Business Development Manager:
- Develop and support high-value opportunities for biotech and pharmaceutical industry clients using catalog products to deliver enhanced client value.
- Identify and target new opportunities for developing commercial relationships with new and existing clinical, diagnostic and R&D accounts.
- Prospect leads through trade shows, outbound calls, market intelligence data and face to face meetings.
- Build a robust pipeline of high-quality, actionable opportunities that achieve annual revenue and margin targets for selected accounts.
- Guide and support sales teams to maximize growth and potential.
- Support sales strategies through market awareness and insights in actionable deliveries.