Maintenance Technician 3 ( Night Shift)
Our food manufacturing client is looking to hire a Maintenance Technician 3 to their night shift operation (6pm-6am). This position performs process and production maintenance throughout the facility. Maintenance Technician’s responsibilities includes but not be limited to equipment breakdowns, installation and startups, process improvements, preventative/precision maintenance programs and continuous improvements activities i.e. increasing machine reliability and installation of facility capital investments.
- Ability to respond in an efficient and effective manner to urgent production needs related to equipment.
- Disassemble, repair, replace, rebuild, and install mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer’s specifications. Utilize precision equipment instillation techniques (laser alignment) for replaced or newly installed equipment.
- Proficient knowledge, understanding and ability to replace belts, sheaves, chains, sprockets, and bearings. Proficiently able to provide tension and alignment to bearings, pulleys, chain drives, belt drives. Understands lubrication standards and can install and adjust lubrication systems.
- Proficient knowledge of mechanical fasteners, specifications, and standards of installation.
- Utilize CMMS to support the maintenance function including review, execution, and documentation of scheduled/unscheduled work daily.
- Proficient ability to diagnose and repair all mechanical power transmission equipment to original equipment manufacturer specification. Proficient knowledge of gear boxes, mechanical drives, variable speed applications, and motors.
- Ability to understand the working principles of heat exchangers including troubleshooting and repair.
- Experienced in hydraulic and pneumatic systems including ability to complete repairs and rebuild cylinders, valves, manifolds, vacuum systems, air filtration and lubrication devices.
- Experienced in machine shop equipment with the ability to fabricate. Demonstrate proficiency in mill, lathe, drill press, and the ability to TIG weld to food grade standard.
- Proficient knowledge of pipe fitting, insulating, rigging applications. Ability to measure, cut, ream, thread, and join various materials of piping.
- Ability to demonstrate electrical troubleshooting knowledge in motor control circuits, including use of a multimeter. Ability to troubleshoot instrumentation.
- Participate in root cause failure analysis in equipment failures.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing at all levels, and is willing to train others.
- Responsible for adhering to all safety policies and procedures, incorporate safety and health in all jobs and tasks. Take personal responsibility to ensure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone.
- Adhere to Quality work practices, follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Ensure that all policies, procedures, and activities related to Food Safety and Quality are followed and complied with, in effort to reduce process variability.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in industrial operations, plant operations, maintenance, utilities and/or related field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to do basic math