The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
• Follow all Safety Guidelines & Procedures.
• Maintain production equipment in safe, optimal operating condition to help ensure the protection of all plant employees and visitors.
• Disassemble mechanical equipment and tools, repair or replace worn or broken parts, and reassemble as needed.
• Adjust parts of mechanical devices as needed.
• Inspect completed repairs.
• Provide basic maintenance to plant structure and perform electrical and light plumbing work.
• Assists installation or rearrangement of machinery or equipment, testing, and validation of new production equipment.
• Communicate regularly with other departments regarding equipment maintenance and prioritization.
• Conduct continuous monitoring of production and process equipment for proper operation.
• Perform pm’s and repair of production equipment.
• Recognize and perform machine adjustments to the various manufacturing machine systems.
• Determine corrective actions based on Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) Display Monitors or other similar display panels.
• Follow and maintain proper records for All Safety Management procedures and requirements.
• Perform and oversee equipment changeovers as necessary.
• Work with management to inform them of malfunctions or issues.
• Assist in training manufacturing employees in the proper use of equipment.
• Maintain organization of Maintenance Repair Area and any other area where repair work is in progress.
• Assist coworkers with production or other tasks as requested.
• Complete Work orders and Assignments via CMMS.
• All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A 2-year technical degree in Electrical or Mechanical.
• A Minimum of 3 – 5 years of industrial maintenance experience within manufacturing environment.
• Experience with Industrial Controls, 3phase Motors, Servos, VFD’s, Hydraulics, Air Compressors, Pneumatics, Mechanics, Troubleshooting PLCs, Ladder Logic, Allen Bradley RS-Studio 5000, HMI’s, Networking, Print and Schematic reading.
• Knowledge of NFPA 70E, NEC, Best Practices.
• Knowledge of PM’s, Predictive and Pro-Active Maintenance
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to perform basic math skills.
• Ability to transport or move up to 30 pounds regularly, 50 pounds occasionally and infrequently 75+ pounds with assistance.
• Ability to operate material handling equipment.
• Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
• Ability to work 12 hour shifts every other weekend when business demands warrant a 24-7 continuous operation.
• Experience working effectively with Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) is preferred.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.