We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Supervisor in our Corrugated Container Facility located in Chicago, IL, area. The Maintenance Supervisor oversees and ensures maintenance programs are executed in an efficient, safe and cost-effective manner by providing leadership and guidance.
How you will impact:
- Provides leadership to the maintenance department in partnership with the Maintenance Manager in challenging the status quo for the pursuit of operational excellence and continuous improvement for our world class corrugated packaging facility.
- Directs, maintains, participates in and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance employees. Ensures compliance with all applicable OSHA standards.
- Initiates, implements, and leads the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Utilizes and maintains system for tracking work orders, PM’s, monitor spare parts, and provide maintenance history of plant equipment. Tracks, analyzes and improves key maintenance performance indicators such as asset utilization, maintenance costs, PM/WO completions, etc.
- Ensures that maintenance employees are adequately trained, equipped, and empowered so that the maintenance program can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Conducts performance reviews to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance staff. Provides for training and development as well as coaching and discipline.
- Assists in the budgeting, capital planning and financial review of plant performance.
- Maintains compliance with all environmental policies and procedures; ensures that all city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Able to work an alternating shift
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or 5 years of equivalent maintenance experience preferred
- Experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in heavy industry with strong preference for a corrugated manufacturing background.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
What we offer
- Corporate culture based on integrity, accountability, and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety, and Inclusion are business drivers and fundamental elements of the daily work.
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match and more upon day 1 of employment.