Supervises maintenance operations and sets priorities for servicing machine breakdowns. The position is responsible for scheduling personnel for preventative maintenance, repair work and daily routines. Maintains and updates personnel on safety procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains maintenance operations and sets priorities by inspecting production operations, assisting supervisor to determine production priorities and assisting personnel in repairing machine breakdowns.
- Completes administrative duties by assisting with interviewing and hiring duties, counseling and disciplining personnel, ensuring permits and issued and posted and ensuring parts are ordered and in stock and equipment manuals are updated.
- Instructs and trains mechanics on safety procedures by conducting weekly safety meetings, training mechanics on proper usage of equipment and hardware and inspecting tools and work areas.
- Leading and maintaining process of improvement teams and or initiatives. Lead maintenance’s participation on Run Right efforts. Lead maintenance’s responsibilities on capital projects.
- Schedules maintenance personnel by scheduling preventative maintenance and correctives with the Planner Scheduler, instructing mechanics on daily routines and preventative maintenance and ensuring maintenance personnel enter the daily routine and breakdowns in the computer.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Prefer an associate’s degree in related trades
- Certification in related trades
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have 5 years of Maintenance Supervisory experience, preferably in a food manufacturing environment.
- Must have 5 years of experience in managing a maintenance team
- Must have 3 years working with a CMMS in a proactive maintenance environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent project management skills
- Strong knowledge of Maintenance Best practices
- Must have excellent communication and coaching skills.
- Detail oriented and organized
- Must be proficient in motor controls and relay logic.
- Must be proficient in developing and troubleshooting PLC’s.
- Must be proficient in production line automation.
- Must have a strong background working with electrical meters.
- Must be proficient in N.E.C. codes.
- Must have the ability to read electrical schematics and blueprints.
- Must have an excellent mechanical background.
- Must have a hands on work ethic
- Must be able to adapt to change
- Must be able to work off shifts
- Must have strong administrative skills
- Must be proficient in MS Word, MS Excel & PowerPoint