The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible to supervise staff, plan and implement all maintenance activities in the plant in order to maximize production while adhering to standard safe practices and procedures. Maintain system and equipment by completing preventive maintenance schedules, restoring, repairing, rebuilding or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensure all plant and equipment are in top operating conditions and are available for production as needed.
- Organize and plan regular maintenance work on all equipment and systems within the plant.
- Review preventative procedures, evaluates and maximizes maintenance procedures collaborating with other Operation departments identifying problems and requirements.
- Select, orient, train, assign, schedule, coach, counsel and discipline staff.
- Supervises the activities of maintenance associates so that they are in compliance with the Company’s regulations concerning safety procedures.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Evaluate functionality and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment. Improves function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by studying performance results: identifying, recommending and implementing changes, expansions and additions.
This position is on 2nd Shift.
Requirements: Ideal candidate will have a BS degree in Engineering or related discipline OR technical education equivalent plus1-3 years of related experience. Additional targeted experience will be considered in lieu of a degree. Specific necessary competencies include:
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Prior poultry plant experience.
- Should have troubleshooting ability, technical knowledge of production equipment, mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Should possess excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills along with the ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.