The Maintenance Parts Clerk maintains the spare parts and operating supply stock for the production facility to ensure proper support of business objectives. As a key individual in the Maintenance organization, the Maintenance Parts Clerk oversees the successful day to day operation of the MRO Parts storeroom as well as various satellite locations throughout the facility.
- Assist the Maintenance Technicians, Maintenance Planner and Maintenance Supervisor in the procurement of MRO parts.
- Fully comprehends the SAP system for MRP. Acts as the plant subject matter expert for R&M MRP. Trains and promotes the use of the SAP system as required.
- Maintain and inventory of all parts for the MRO storeroom including cycle counting and the addition of new parts that require stocking.
- Works with the Storeroom clerk or other personnel as needed to maintain an accurate cycle count of all MRO parts per business guidelines.
- Maintains the library which includes parts manuals.
- Proposes and procures the needed shelving and bin storage space to maximize the storage potential within the given footprint of the storeroom.
- Provides Maintenance Management with budgetary information on R&M spend to ensure department Metrics are met.
- Maintains Vendor Relationships to ensure good standing with suppliers of parts and services.
- Maintains reports from vendors conducting work at the facility.
- Supports the Maintenance Department by interacting with Service providers (Contractors) that may be on site performing tasks. Coverage for weekend support may be needed at times to support the business.
- Responsible for filling out paperwork correctly and thoroughly.
- Receiving in SAP.
- Maintains SDS for Maintenance Department.
- Maintains listing of all approved chemicals for use in the Maintenance department.
- Mandatory overtime possibility to support maintenance needs, production needs, training or meetings.
- Maintains company standards for cleanliness, safety, and productivity in the maintenance area.
- Ensures compliance to quality, food safety, GMP’s, safety, and FSP support programs; assures conformity to all company, customer and government standards.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a food-related industry and union environment.
- Working knowledge of scheduling, budgets, equipment, and production processes.
- Working knowledge of all electrical and mechanical equipment and functions
- Working knowledge of computer data entry, production reporting procedures.
- Strong analytical & math skills.
- SAP Experience preferred.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Technical degree in a related field preferred.
- Strong safety knowledge of OSHA Regs as they apply to maintenance