American Fortune 500 food manufacturer with multiple well-known brand names. Great culture, excellent benefits, new facility! They need Maintenance Mechanics with automated food manufacturing experience.
** Fortune 500 food manufacturer with great company culture, OT compensation, excellent benefits, a new facility that is expanding so room for growth, no travel!**
- Responsible for the manufacture of consumer foods that comply with all food safety, quality and regulatory requirements.
- Understands and supports company and site safety policies and performs work related activities in a safe manner. Recognizes unsafe work conditions and behaviors and engages with co-workers to ensure conditions and behaviors comply with policies. Suggests changes to safety policies as appropriate
- Performs the necessary activities to operate, maintain, and clean production equipment.
- Understands, follows, and improves documented operational, maintenance, and sanitation standards in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) work environment.
- Performs equipment changeovers and sanitation activities.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities, work orders, and lubrication in a timely manner to maximize performance of plant equipment. Improves and modifies preventative maintenance activities as appropriate.
- Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, and/or replaces complex processing and packaging equipment including: Mechanical components such as conveyor belts, bearings, motors, pulleys, shafts, gearboxes, etc. Pneumatic components such as air cylinders, diverters, hoses, regulators, pumps, valves, etc.
- Utilizes drawings, prints, and instruction manuals to determine proper steps to be taken for equipment preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Coaches other team members on technical skills, machine functionality, defect identification and resolution, and equipment repairs.
- Active participant in training and qualification programs for designated line/area. Participates in assessments, ensures effective training, and maintains consistent qualification standards.
- Uses continuous improvement tools, including breakdown elimination, to eliminate losses and drive issues to root cause; documents, communicates, and implements corrective and preventative actions.
- Serves as owner of one or more technical, safety, or quality systems and is responsible for building technician skill and providing ongoing coaching.
- Creates documentation as needed (SOPs, Job Aids, PM Improvements, etc.).
- Increases skills and knowledge by attending technical training sessions, participating in vendor visits, and scheduled maintenance activities.
- Uses a computer to input and maintain accurate records and data. Can utilize email and online training resources.
- Maintains accurate electronic database of repair and maintenance activities, including parts usage and time tracking.
- Facilitates effective shift pass down with the prior/next shift to discuss safety, quality, and production issues.
- Lead projects to improve safety, quality, and production results in a designated area.
- Works as part of a team and assists fellow employees as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates, technical degree or training is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of mechanical or maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Willing to work 12-hour rotating shifts and overtime as needed.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Willing to travel for training (2 trips, 8 days each), once travel is permitted.
- Able to read, understand, and follow documents such as safety policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and general instructions.
- Able to understand and carry out both oral and written instructions.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to give and receive feedback.
- Able to provide leadership and prioritization in designated equipment area.
- Able to set and meet goals.
- Able to prioritize and manage workload in a changing environment.
- Able to work both independently and on a team.
- Works well with support personnel to maintain high standards for safety, quality, and reliability and drive improvements.
- Able to make data-driven decisions and engage others as appropriate.
- Basic mathematical, statistical, and analytical skills.
- Basic computer skills including email and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to learn company-specific computer systems, including maintenance enterprise system.
- Able to perform the key responsibilities outlined above in accordance with safety standards and practices.
- Physical requirements of the job include the ability to: Lift and carry up to 50 pounds, Stand, sit, walk, enter confined spaces, push, pull, kneel, squat, climb, Perform repetitive actions, reach, and feel