Our client is a publicly traded world’s leading paper company with multiple international locations.
The Area Maintenance Manager is a hands-on leadership position responsible for providing maintenance support. The successful candidate will provide leadership to foster an injury free environment, drive out repetitive maintenance problems, improve maintenance efficiency, reduce maintenance cost, and improve equipment reliability. The position reports to the Mill Maintenance & Engineering Manager.
Required to work onsite every 6th weekend with comp time allotted.
- Be a role model and champion for an injury-free workplace and promote safety and excellence in all areas of influence.
- Direct management of two salaried Front-Line Leaders as well as responsibility for their development.
- Manage maintenance organization and maximize effectiveness while minimizing cost.
- Work closely with operations leadership to understand their needs and to maintain a one team, positive relationship, between operations and maintenance.
- Provide leadership in proactive maintenance practices and process reliability improvements.
- Lead area outage planning and ensure safe execution of plans.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and managing the area maintenance budget.
- Responsible for managing checkbook.
- Champions Reliability and MWS work systems
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum three (3) years leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in the pulp and paper industry is preferred.
- Experience leading troubleshooting and maintenance activities in a manufacturing environment.
- Detailed knowledge of industrial safety procedures and regulations.
- Strong computer skills including SAP and all Microsoft Office applications.