Major and established global company at their high volume manufacturing site located commutable to the east of the Atlanta, GA metropolitan area has an opportunity for a night shift Maintenance Manager. In this role will set vision, mission, and strategy for the maintenance department. Will be responsible for ensuring all health & safety regulations are followed. Will oversee maintenance supervisors and staff in day to day functions. Will be responsible for tracking and improving department KPI’s. Will create, develop, & maintain data systems used for improving maintenance downtime and data systems used to gather, track, and present downtime data such as total downtime, problematic equipment, machine efficiency, meantime to failure studies, etc. Very good major company benefits and a 3% bonus potential as well as relocation assistance being available.
- Responsible for planning and oversight of maintenance supervisors and maintenance technicians.
- Utilizes Maintenance Management Systems to analyze and report on machine down-time.
- Plans countermeasures and improvement projects.
- Maintains and continuously evaluates plant-wide Preventive Maintenance activity.
- Maintains the Maintenance Department’s internal training program.
- Evaluates Maintenance Technician’s skill level.
- Conducts weekly meetings pertaining to ongoing machine down-time improvement activities.
- Supports internal customers (manufacturing engineering, production lines, utilities, etc.).
- Supports technical items for all Kaizen and continuous improvement activities.
- Responsible for monthly machine down-time and scrap reporting.
- Weekly time sheets for maintenance techs.
- Skill set Matrix evaluation for Maintenance Techs.Must be open to a night shift position.
- A High School diploma is required; Bachelor Degree is preferred.
- At least 8 years prior Industrial Maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven leadership skills and abilities.
- Special skills required: CNC/Machining, electronic/electrical, PLC programming, continual safety awareness, test equipment, schematics, mechanical, metric system, blueprint reading, measuring techniques, hydraulics and pneumatics.
- ERP System Knowledge
- Purchasing Experience
- Must be open to a night shift position
Overseeing shift supervisors and supporting staff for the maintenance Dept.