The Maintenance Manager is responsible for providing expertise and leadership to the service and maintenance staff while ensuring the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant’s assets. The Maintenance Manager is also responsible for driving continuous improvement of plant operations to enable efficient, high-quality production of customer products.
How you will impact:
- Provide strategic leadership on maintenance operations to ensure maximum production.
- Develop and implement the short- and long-term maintenance strategy to enable operating efficiency in alignment with company values.
- Create Maintenance Department safety goals and plan to ensure a safe work environment.
- Create an effective Plant Maintenance Program using industry best practices to maximize equipment reliability and uptime.
- Supervise and inspect maintenance work to ensure the most effective, efficient and up to date technology and preferred maintenance practices are implemented by craftsmen.
- Manage and analyze maintenance department KPIs to assess operating efficiency and identify opportunities to drive performance excellence.
- Monitor and communicate departmental performance in Safety, Environmental, Reliability, and cost effectiveness.
- Provide guidance in the development of the maintenance business plan and forecasts.
- Lead maintenance staff to exceed industry standards and set new industry uptime and reliability standards.
- Serve as a member of the Plant Leadership Team to align on Plant goals and standards and collaborate on organizational effectiveness.
- Negotiate using win-win strategies on behalf of company with the Labor Union representatives on contract issues.
- Ensure a safe work environment and adherence to all corporate, state and federal safety, health and environmental policies, procedures and regulations by all maintenance staff.
- Foster a culture of care that promotes active participation and buy-in for safety and maintenance reliability from craftsmen.
- Ensure maintenance staff is adequately trained and motivated to achieve departmental objectives in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Leads and motivates a team of people to achieve performance excellence; ability to read people and situations and adjust approach; accordingly, proactively leads and enforces initiatives that drive organizational effectiveness; teaches others how to build trust-based relationships.
- Uses strong problem-solving skills and supporting information to arrive at optimal decisions in an appropriate timeframe; knows when to decide and/or when to seek additional input, and drive for consensus.
What you need to succeed:
- 2-year technical degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering – Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical and/or Mechanical Engineering – Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in industrial maintenance with 5+ years in maintenance management – Required
- Proficient with various software packages such as Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, JDE, PLC / DCS or similar CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability, and excellence.
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities.
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies, and potential.
- Benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k with match, tuition reimbursement, employee discounts, employee referral bonus, and much more!
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.