Our client is one of the fastest growing companies within their industry segment. We are currently seeking a key talent for the role of Maintenance Manager. As the Maintenance Manager you will oversee a team comprised of 20-30 Maintenance Techs, Crafts Persons, and Supervisors in a very high speed manufacturing operation. Much of your focus will be in developing and executing strategic initiatives, managing day to day operations, and the development of subordinates, to ensure future bench strength for the organization. You will be a Key Roundtable member and your strategic maintenance input will be sought for suggesting and implementing future maintenance initiatives for this plant to insure organizational competiveness and sustainability. Position reports to the Director of Engineering.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead, support and coach the PM Pillar team.
- Guide the factories to reduce technical stoppages in equipment or areas of common occurrence (priority given to areas of highest incidence or impact).
- Ensure the systematic review all line, processes, and utilities that are critical to the business and those where failure can have an unacceptable impact on safety, personnel safety, food safety, environment, or compliance with the law.
- Monitor plant/equipment trends to ensure best possible operation and reduction of planned/unplanned downtime.
- Propose and monitor key performance indicators in accordance with the Best Maintenance Practices.
- Facilitate the evolution/refinement of Maintenance activities to minimize planned and unplanned downtime (PM’s, changeovers, etc.).
- Facilitate optimization of technical stores balancing adequate on-hand parts versus obsolete or slow-moving parts.
- Ensure the implementation of all repairs/modifications resulting from gap assessments, plant audits, and notifications are executed on time and offer a high-quality workmanship.
- Ensure that the job planning, material and services planning is accurate and effective.
- Ensure that the equipment history, damage code and root cause analysis are completed correctly.
- Develop and lead a network of Factory SME’s (subject matter experts). Train and guide them in the implementation and leadership of an effective asset reliability program.
- Evaluate the performance of team members and provide periodic feedback to ensure development.
- Collaborate with engineers, suppliers, contractors, and plant partners to ensure customer needs are met.
- Encourage close teamwork between all functions (Engineering, Productions, Quality Management, etc.).
- Conduct regular inspections of plant to seek out potential problems and to solicit feedback.
- Prepare and analyze the factory M&R budget, drive value-added and sustainable improvements with the assistance of the Process Engineering team.
- Facilitate proper management of the technical stores, scheduled Work Orders, labor hour allocation and the equipment Bill of Material (BOM).
- Assures compliance with government regulatory agencies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Reliability, Chemical or another related field) required. SMRP / CMRP preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a manufacturing / engineering role involving production equipment maintenance
- Maintenance Manager / Supervisor experience in a food and beverage company and understanding of regulatory requirements for food safety
- Maintenance Planner / Scheduler experience
- Experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance
- TPM and Continuous Improvement experience preferred
- Knowledge of TPM Tools including:
- Asset Management Software
- Breakdown Analysis
- Reliability Center Maintenance Practices
- PM Optimization
- Predictive Maintenance Technologies including (infrared, ultrasonic, vibration analysis)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient of computer programs such as Microsoft Office
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to adjust quickly to changing demands
- Knowledge and understanding of the cost drivers of Maintenance in manufacturing operations
- Good working knowledge of CMMS systems (SAP, Maximo) with the ability to analyze data for trends/reports
It is our policy to provide equal employment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual preference, handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition our firm complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions.