- Foods manufacturer is hiring for a Maintenance Manager due to a promotion
- They are looking for a maintenance professional that will be groomed into Plant Engineer / Director in 36-48 months
- The ideal candidate will be forward thinking, a natural leader who has excellent training / troubleshooting skills and has excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Responsible for managing, training and development of the maintenance staff including all Leads, Mechanics, Electricians and Refrigeration Technicians.
- Manage a team of 2 Supervisors, a Maintenance Planner and 20+ mechanics and Electricians
- Responsible for hiring, scheduling, payroll and performance management of direct reports.
- Collaborate daily with manufacturing to ensure minimum reduction of maintenance downtime to maximize production output.
- Supervises and provides technical leadership to the maintenance staff.
- Provide input to weekly 1:1 coaching meetings, 30,60,90 day and yearly Lead performance reviews; monitor and audit work of. crew members.
- Manage the Maintenance Planner with CMMS ensure maximum utilization of the system.
- Maintains safe practices and procedures. Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, State and local codes, regulations and requirements. Monthly and weekly safety Coaching and compliance. Works with safety manager to drive the maintenance safety program. Provides and assists with safety training for all maintenance employees.
- Oversee and manage with the annual maintenance budget
- AAS/BS/BA is preferred, or an equivalent of 5+ years of maintenance management experience
- 2+ years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing is required; prefer foods, high-speed packaging or related industries
- Technical skills in mechanical and electrical repair is required
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance systems, work order processes, preventive/ predictive maintenance, inventory and scheduling software is preferred.
- Strong leadership skills (conflict resolution, facilitation, change management skills, decision making, empowerment and delegation), preferred.
- Able to lead problem solving and troubleshooting efforts associated with high-level process issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good planning and priority setting skills.
military veteran preferred