Major established and brand name company at a plant in the Indianapolis metropolitan area has an opportunity for a Maintenance Manager on the day shift Monday thru Friday. In this role will report to the Operations Manager. Will provide direction to the plant maintenance department to reduce downtime and ensure peak plant efficiencies. Will create plans to eliminate all causes of failure and ensure full useful life. Will oversee the maintenance and storeroom budgets. Will review production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities. Relocation assistance is available nationally for this role. There are major company benefits to include a 401K that has a 100% match to 6% and the company adds an additional 3% for participating. There are 21 days PTO and 11 paid holidays. In addition, there is a 10% bonus potential.
- Promote safety throughout the entire maintenance organization.
- Manage all maintenance department metrics.
- Direct all activities for the company’s Performance System Planned Maintenance Pillar
- Operate within established maintenance operating budget and monitor departmental expenditures.
- Help plan cost estimates for annual and longer-term capital budgets.
- Be acquainted with local/state/federal environmental regulations and ensure compliance with all operational permits.
- Establish criteria for assessing the quality of work performed by employees and contractors.
- Oversee the completion of work through review of reports, frequent site inspections and conferences with operations and vendors.
- Investigate the condition of buildings, equipment and grounds, and recommend improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus and will consider a high school graduate
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in food plant maintenance.
- Three (3) years’ leading teams to achieve a successful maintenance program.
- Understanding of PLC and logic controls for high-speed operating equipment
- Experience managing complex projects.