Chippewa Falls, WI
Our Chippewa Falls, WI manufacturing client is looking to hire a Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Manager will provide leadership to all maintenance employees of the plant. The maintenance manager position is responsible for overseeing installation, repairs and upkeep of the company’s property including mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing systems, structures, buildings and production machinery and maintenance administration/budgeting, ensuring optimal proactive maintenance support and processes for the entire plant production while working to improve plant efficiency, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Manages direct reports who supervise employees in maintenance.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality.
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
- Maintains computerized maintenance management system when available for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Prioritizes, schedules repairs and installations to equipment and facilities, minimizing interference with production.
- Coordinates installation of new equipment and the completion of building projects.
- Managing the plant preventive maintenance plan, ensuring the least interference with production operations and ensuring the completion and maintenance of all records regarding P.M. and work orders completed.
- Adhere to all Quality and Food Safety policies and procedures, reporting any
- Install and optimize CMMS software program to increase availability of all plant equipment.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED), required.
- Associates degree from two-year college in a related technical field or certificate or diploma from trade school in related field required or a combination of education and relevant work experience highly desired.
- 5+ years experience in the maintenance, mechanical maintenance, and/or repair work and/or operation of a process manufacturing facility.
- 5+ years’ experience as a supervisor or manager, preferably in a maintenance department.
- Prior maintenance experience in the food manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMP’s, OSHA and loss control programs is highly desirable.