Title: Maintenance Manager
Salary Range: $75K-$100K
Location: Richmond, VA
Reporting Relationship: Plant Manager
- Develop safety plan for department in conjunction with EHS manager to support business objective.
- Be an agent of change who supervises, trains, and motivates a crew of electricians and mechanical technicians for the maintenance of and installation of manufacturing equipment and facilities.
- Establishes guidelines and monitor compliance with safety and operational procedures in each technician’s daily performance of duties.
- Provides reports and make recommendations to management regarding capital expenditures and process improvements.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Develops and maintains extensive knowledge of department processes.
- Work in conjunction with engineering and manufacturing managers to drive asset utilization improvements for all production centers and support the TPM efforts within the plant.
- Work with human resources department to ensure department hiring objectives are met to reduce overtime to manageable levels. In addition, work with HR department to insure employee job performance and attendance are tracked and individual development plans are utilized to drive improvement and engagement.
- Work with department managers to develop strategic multi-year CAPEX plan for maintenance, sustaining, EHS, and growth CAPEX needs.
- Work with accounting team to develop cost tracking system for department on a weekly basis.
- Collaborate with lean manufacturing resources to develop and implement 5S systems and establish Kaizen plan to support continuous improvement throughout the plant.
- Develop best practice SOPs to insure consistency in machine setup, operator maintenance, and machine performance.
- Develop projection reports and indicative KPI’s for upper management and shop floor to better monitor financial, productivity, quality, and safety objectives.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Business or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Strong individual contributor with willingness and capability to grow with the organization.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and or Six Sigma principles is required, certifications are preferred.
- Strong leadership skills are required.
- Experience with an MRP/ERP system is preferred.
- Familiarity with a Maintenance Management System is required. Familiarity with MPulse 9 is a plus.
- Experience with sheet metal fabrication equipment is highly preferred.
- Autocad/Solid Works experience is preferred.