The Maintenance Manager is the leader of 35+ (5 direct) individuals for all Maintenance and Engineering functions at the facility. We are looking to add a top performer that likes to get to know their team and has great communication skills. Background with chemical equipment and/or food grade chemicals.
- Ensure that preventive maintenance is performed correctly and consistently on all equipment (including centrifuge machines, pumps, heat exchangers, air blowers, air compressors, boilers, screw/piston type refrigeration units, cooling towers, etc.).
- Maintain all electrical systems/electronics in this fully automated facility (PLC’s, automatic valves, magnetic flowmeters, mass-flow systems, air flow systems, energy monitoring, etc).
- Coordinate timely responses in case of equipment failures.
- Responsible for the assigning of work to employees and contractors; follow up to verify the quality and efficiency of work.
- Maintain effective communication with the Production Manager, Superintendents, Technical Manager and Plant Managers regarding maintenance needs and issues.
- Participate in planning, project, and all necessary management meetings.
- Study, justify and propose any necessary improvements or modifications of equipment.
- Manage the maintenance department purchasing process.
- Prepare, monitor, coordinate, and maintain the department’s expense budget.
- Manage the inventory control process for the Cedar Rapids Campus Maintenance Stores (Cycle counting, issuing from and returns to stock, establishing minimums and optimum stocking levels…)
- Ensure adequate supply of spare parts are on hand by developing a reliable, efficient, and economic spare parts management policy.
- Manage the campus maintenance service contract billing in coordination with corporate finance.
- Work with the maintenance team to establish and document maintenance processes (work flow, procurement, process flow, etc.)
- Participate in the preparation of the plant’s capital improvement budget.
- Monitor and maintain adherence to the plant’s capital improvement budget relative to the planned implementation schedule and project costs.
- Ensure employee development by creating short term and long-term goals, reviewing performance, addressing development areas and disciplinary issues.
- Coordinate the On-call weekend rotation with other management staff members in the Maintenance Department.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all assigned personnel.
- Serve as member of the Plant HACCP team and lead the World Class Maintenance initiative for the department.
- Establish, track, and communicate maintenance KPI’s
- Coordinate a quarterly “maintenance communication” meeting to review ongoing projects as well as plant/maintenance KPI’s
- Coordinate the maintenance Lean Impact through SMED/5S/VMI
Bachelor’s Degree, an Engineering degree is preferred. Extensive prior experience as a Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Superintendent may be considered. It is beneficial to have prior food grade manufacturing experience.