The Maintenance Manager is responsible for maintenance and engineering support functions and performing/managing plant betterment projects. This includes planned overhaul project planning and execution, vendor and contractor oversight, as well as providing guidance and support for plant maintenance programs using predictive and preventive maintenance techniques. The Maintenance Manager also manages the maintenance personnel at the facility, and provides technical support for plant and process improvements, and other engineering functions as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinate activities with General Manager, Operations Manager and Plant Engineer to support achievement of plant targets.
• Inform Operations of changes in planned work and emergent work that affect operations plans
• Produce accurate, timely and informative reports in a usable format for analysis and decision making.
• Compliance with site prepared directives, standards and policies.
• Prioritize work to meet changing organization demands.
• Provide site-wide maintenance plan, daily and long-term, that is consistent with organization priories and contributes to achievement of plant availability targets.
• Develop project plans and manage personnel and plant resources to meet organization requirements.
• Hold regular Maintenance Coordination Meetings for discussion of maintenance status and maintenance plans.
• Stay knowledgeable of and implement consistently all personnel policies and procedures and management systems.
• Utilize the appropriate management and leadership behaviors to achieve results through employees with diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
• Compliance with all safety procedures.
• Utilization of a systematic and objective process to troubleshoot equipment and systems.
• Systemic analysis of problems and evaluation of all possible solutions.
• Review and analyze operating data to monitor plant performance and take appropriate action to improve equipment reliability and operating performance.
• Make recommendations for equipment and system enhancements.
• Utilize the Performance Evaluation Processes as employee development and feedback systems to focus on continuous improvement and upgrading of employee skills.
• Implement the career development process and provide training and development to assure the competence and availability of skills to meet operations requirements.
• Interface with suppliers to ensure adequate inventories are on hand to meet operating requirements.
• Evaluate, select and oversee contractors and service provides to ensure adherence to requirements at optimized cost.
• Plan, prepare, manage, and allocate annual and long-range budgets for equipment, parts and supplies, tools, and maintenance contracts.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• General knowledge of power plant technology.
• Experience and demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (Maximo)
• General knowledge of safety and environmental procedures.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated capacity for leadership and supervisory responsibilities which includes a focus on continuous development of competencies/skills for both self and team.
• Demonstrated ability to function as a member of a team.
• Demonstrated excellent attendance practices.
• Demonstrated exemplary safe work practices.
• Skilled at Microsoft tools (Excel, Teams, Word, PowerPoint).
• Must be able to work with and communicate well with others in a team environment while still being to contribute as an individual.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-disciplined maintenance functions at a gas turbine combined cycle power plant or equivalent.
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing multi-disciplined maintenance crews at a large frame gas turbine combined cycle power plant or equivalent.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or equivalent experience preferred.
• Advanced degree and/or professional license preferred.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to provide proof of legal authorization to work in the US on a full time basis for anyone other than current employer.