This position will serve to be the key technical and maintenance leader in the manufacturing facility. The successful candidate will work alongside the operations leadership team to drive continuous improvement and the proper maintenance of plant equipment. The role will serve as the plant’s Progressive Maintenance Pillar Owner and will be responsible for driving the key result metrics of the pillar. Additionally, the role will serve to deliver the business in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability, Efficiency, Cost, Delivery, and Sustainability. The Technical (Maintenance) Manager is responsible for the direct leadership, development, and support of our Maintenance Coordinators.
- Performs maintenance management by leading maintenance personnel and establishing priorities in maintenance schedules.
- Lead the operating departments’ Maintenance Coordinators and technicians to:
- Develop their technical acumen
- Understand and apply Progressive Maintenance tools
- Prioritize work effectively through use of a CMMS
- Respond to process failures and breakdowns with a sense of urgency
- Train all levels of the organization to complete mechanical work
- Drive high-performance work culture by engaging with team members on the floor and coaching to problem solve, make decisions, and become self-reliant
- Coach operating teams and leadership to root cause identification, elimination of losses, and the use of problem-solving tools to identify gaps and prioritize work.
- Responsible for electronic reliability data and improving methods for collecting accurate data
- Establish and track KPIs as required to successfully manage the safety, quality, and efficiency of the maintenance operations.
- Working closely with the Plant Engineer, lead and execute on the 5-year CAPEX plan for the operating departments
- Participate in and/or lead improvement teams to provide targeted improvements to meet plant and company objectives.
- Address gaps in line/area performance through the implementation and effective coaching of Smucker Continuous Improvement methodologies; foster a zero-loss culture
- Owns a safety sub-key element and/or a quality key element
- A 4-year Engineering Degree is required
- 5 – 10 years in manufacturing food or pharmaceutical operations.
- Experience with maintenance work development, planning, and scheduling is desired.
- Experience leading and working in collaboration with others is desired.
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience developing and maintaining a budget
- Experience with a CMMS is required (Oracle’s eAM is preferred)