As a Maintenance Engineer, your contributions will be visible all around you; the work you will do there impacts people for generations to come. Ideal candidates enjoy modern, dynamic, work environments and are looking for the freedom to take control of their career.
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager. The primary functions of the position is to inspect, repair, replace, install, adjust and maintain all mechanical equipment in a major producing unit or assigned area including overhead cranes and mobile equipment.
- The Maintenance Engineer will perform all kinds of welding, brazing, and cutting. Lay out, install, maintain, and repair all types of pipelines, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspect mill equipment for defects such as misalignment, wear or insufficient lubrication.
- The Maintenance Engineer will troubleshoot repairs to minimize interruption of production.
- Advise when immediate shutdown of equipment is necessary to minimize damage or when temporarily continued operation will have no harmful effect.
- Dismantle, clean, repair, replace, install, maintain, assemble, and lubricate mechanical equipment.
- Adjust equipment for proper operating characteristics.
- Assemble and align gears, bearings, and shafts, involving the application of press, sliding and running fits.
- Set up and operate welding and burning equipment as required and layout and fabricate welded pipe and fitting of all types.
- Perform pipefitting as required cuts, threads and installs pipes and fitting.
- Lay out and fabricate new parts for machines and structures, except pressure vessel and tanks.
- Make mechanical repairs to cranes.
- Locks out and tags necessary to the servicing of mechanical components on cranes.
- Erect scaffolds and perform simple rigging as necessary.
- Work with repair crews as directed on emergency breakdowns.
- Operate mobile equipment and hydraulic lifts when required.
- Repack pumps and valves.
- The Maintenance Engineer will repair and replacement of hydraulic and pneumatic equipment.
Currently there is no relocation or Visa sponsorship provided for this position