Responsible for all team members’ safety and well-being, overall development and supervision of Team Leaders and Team Members, health and safety, quality, customer cost, productivity, and ergonomic issues through using the company policies and procedures and the “Our Client” Employee’s Charter as a guideline.
(This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed in this position. Team members will be required to follow any other job related instructions or to perform other job duties requested by their leader)
- Ability to build and develop manufacturing team that can consistently deliver to World Class of Manufacturing (WCM) Standards.Know and understand “Our Client” Quality and Environmental policies.
- Follows and supports and “Our Client”’s operating principles, including:
- “Our Client” Employee Charter – Operating under its principles by treating all team members equally, fairly and with dignity and respect.
- Abide by BGM policies and procedures as described in the most current version of the Team Member Handbook.
- Open Door Policy – Solves issues with two-way, open and friendly communication.
- 5S – Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy “Everything has a place. Everything in its place”.
- Safety First – Obey the plant’s safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries are the expected standard.
- Promote MAFACT benchmarks to achieve World Class Manufacturing.
- Core values – Treat all team members equally, fairly, with dignity and respect without favoritism in accordance with company values.
- Attend and participate in Team, Department, Plant-wide and any other meetings as required.
- Conduct all activities in a professional manner and positive attitude with an emphasis on personal responsibility.
- Ensure daily pre-shift inspections are completed, conduct unplanned inspection audits on a weekly basis and planned inspection audits once a month
- Routinely make visual inspections of emergency evacuations routes correcting any safety concerns immediately
- Within 24 hours of an accident/incident complete accident investigations identifying root cause and corrective action
- Ensure weekly safety talks in pre-shift meetings are being conducted with team members signing safety training roster
- Schedule, supervise, coordinate, and direct the activities of team members to ensure that production levels and quality standards are met
- Establish and maintain effective communications with all other departments as well as conduct all business activities in a professional manner
- Plan and direct the utilization and use of all equipment and manpower to achieve the most effective results
- Supervise team members in accordance with the principles of the Employee Charter and the policies and procedures set out in the BGM Team Member Handbook
- Promote continuous improvement and capitalize cost reduction opportunities
- Act on behalf of the Department Leader and/or Assistant Department Leader in their absence and assume the responsibilities of Team Leader in their absence.
- Immediately attend to all accidents and injuries and initiate the accident and injury investigation program, while following up to ensure procedure implementation and completion.
- Supervise Team Leaders in their job performance and ensure fulfillment of policies, practices and procedures.
- Utilize interactive management principles when implementing corrective discipline procedures in dealing with team members, encourage professional development to enhance team performance, and cross train to maximize flexibility and coverage to accommodate vacations and absences.
- Provide timely coaching, counseling, and feedback to employees through one-on-one sessions, performance evaluations, and regular team meetings.
- Ensure compliance within assigned department, company and customer quality standards and procedures.
- Follow and comply with all operational procedures/policies as stated in the employee Environmental Health and Safety programs and conduct Team Safety Talks as required.
- Promote, participate and implement Lean activities as they are introduced such as 5S, Kanban, PDCA’s and Standardized work.
- Ensure the improvement of department KPI’s by participating in the tracking and enhancement measures that are implemented.
- Promote good housekeeping.
- Perform other duties as required.
Directly leads all Team Leaders and Team Members in assigned department
These qualifications represent the minimum requirements of the position. Team members will be required to possess the ability and aptitudes to perform the duties proficiently.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Post-secondary education preferred, or related experience
- Previous leadership role experience in an automotive manufacturing environment preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel preferred
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Operate standard office equipment preferred
- Decision Making
- Conflict Resolution
- Office and General factory environment
- Able to be flexible in hours of work on short notice in order to meet internal/external customer requirements (scheduled and non-scheduled overtime shifts, etc.)
- Possible Shift Work
- Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time, and occasional bending and stooping.