We are looking for a MAC Coordinator to join our client and aid our tenant improvement business in Santa Clara, CA.
There are construction companies all over the United States where you can get a job. However, very few, if any can offer you a career as with one of the world’s largest construction and development companies. In 2021, our client generated over $17 billon globally, with over $6 billion in the U.S. They have over 7,000 employees in the U.S., with offices in 28 metro locations.
What we love most about our client is that at the heart of their business approach is a commitment to cultivating, fostering and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging in the workplace and the communities where they are located and serve.
The MAC/FSR Coordinator will manage multiple office moves, furniture reconfigurations, and minor tenant improvements, in 20+ buildings on three corporate campuses located in Santa Clara and Sunnyvale, CA.
General Position Summary
The MAC/FSR Coordinator will manage, assess, estimate and implement AMAT customer requests for office moves, reconfigurations, and new furniture. The MAC/FSR Coordinator reports directly to the MAC/FSR Manager and works within the MAC team. This position will handle numerous requests simultaneously; the MAC/FSR coordinator shall be adept at managing priorities and bringing organizational skills to deliver services in a timely manner. The MAC/FSR Coordinator will support activities order expediting, tracking software, warehousing & inventory management, and furniture systems to this role.
This position must demonstrate strong organizational and time management skills, as well as have strong communication and client service skills.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the FSR order system & work allocations
- Manage Action Line (same-day / warranty / repair requests for FF&E items)
- Manage contractors & Vendor relationships on FSR’s
- Plan and manage successfully relocations up to 100 moves and 200 FSRs per month
- Interact with staff, subcontractors and vendors
- Daily communication and coordination with clients
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout the relocation management process
- Develop and implement relocation project plan, schedule and budget through collaboration with the facility, project and construction managers and adhere to it
- Develop and maintain project schedules for move management activities
- As required, participate in project planning meetings
- Prepare/update FSR financial status reports, review invoices and ensure timely payment, update tracking reports and maintain files for due diligence and financials
- Procure and manage move labor, including vendor/contractor bidding process, evaluate proposals and recommend selection of vendor/contractor
- Initiate and manage meetings to review move schedules with move vendors and key stakeholders and customers
- Manage supporting suppliers (technology, telephony, furniture, etc.)
- Evaluate vendors to ensure contract compliance with the standards of performance
- Ensure all project initiation, execution and closeout documentation are complete
- Manage work orders, including but not limited to furniture reconfigurations and repairs, and space enhancements
- Coordinate with various service providers (IT, VTS, Construction and Associate Relocations and Furniture Installation contractor) to determine the appropriate date(s) for implementation and communicate those dates
- Plan, schedule and implement relocations, providing the main client contact with scheduled dates, move instructions, and move orientations for large groups as required.
- Provide move signage, general move directions, and be present on campus or at the move site, available to answer questions and resolve post-move issues.
- Familiarity with modular furniture systems & traditional Move, Adds, Changes (MAC)
- Ability to coordinate and manage related vendors for furniture reconfiguration work
- Systems furniture installers
- Coordinate with facilities & janitorial providers
- Develop and implement process improvements for delivery of MAC/FSR services
Job Skills & Abilities
- Strong customer service skills and ability to manage work appropriately
- Strong problem solving, decision making, management, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle heavy volume of work daily, including multitasking and assign vendor responsibilities
- Functions effectively as part of a broader program management and construction team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, detail oriented
- Understanding of office furniture / interior design / minor renovations industry
- Familiarity with requirements of drawings and specifications and with terms and conditions of project contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders; ability to read drawings and specifications
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Background in facilities/furniture logistics & order expediting, warehousing and inventory control preferred
- Accounting skills
- Excellent computer skills in: MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, MS Word
- Experience with Tririga and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of Prolog
- 3+ years relevant experience
A DIVERSE WORKFORCE MATTERS TO US!
Our client conducts business with a high degree of honesty, integrity, transparency and strives for an environment where everyone is free to bring their whole self to work each day. Through authentically embracing different ideas, perspectives, and backgrounds, our client is creating a stronger and more innovative culture. More importantly, they are contributing to a sustainable and more equitable future for their people, customers and communities.