Job Title: LPN
Reports To: Clinical Coordinator
Essential Job Functions:
Clinical Floor Assistant Time Allocation: 80%
Responsible for all aspects of clinical office medical assisting as related to our office.
- Prepares work area for patients on a daily basis (i.e., cleaning, stocking, filing, etc.)
- Exhibits knowledge or appropriate workflows for providers. Shows initiative to keep provider(s) on schedule.
- Shows forethought in obtaining laboratory results, vaccine information, medical records, etc. for appointments
- Room patients appropriately and opens correct template for provider(s) in EMR
- Obtains vital signs, chief complaint, and properly documents information in EMR
- Prepares appropriate informational packages for parents for RE visits
- Exhibits knowledge of the vaccine administration schedule
- Exhibits knowledge of appropriate obtaining laboratory specimens in the office
- Appropriately fills out laboratory/ ancillary testing requisition forms and shows working knowledge of Insurance Matrix
- Assists coworkers as needed as well as works independently with knowledge base as to not impact coworkers
- Exhibits knowledge of nursing policies/procedures as well as adheres to standard precautions while working at our office.
- Exhibits knowledge of performing the following
- Nebulizer (Including completion of paperwork for home nebulizer)
- Scale (Digital and manual)
- Strep Screen / Culture
- Urine Collection
- HCG Collection / Testing
- Hemoglobin Collection / Testing
- Bilirubin Collection
- PKU Collection (Including completion of paperwork)
- PAP smear collection
- Wart tray use
- Wound tray use
- Vision machine
- Vaccinations / Immunizations (needle, syringe, RotaTeq, reconstitution, placement, EMR documentation)
- Oxygen tank / crash cart
- Waterpik for ear lavage
Laboratory Back Up Time Allocation: 10%
Provide assistance to all clinical areas for obtaining and testing laboratory specimens. Provides working knowledge of performing controls, documentation, etc. of the laboratory. Completes all required MLS testing requirements. Adheres to Pediatric Center policies and procedures as well as standard precautions.
Other Duties As Assigned Time Allocation: 10%
Performs other duties as assigned and needed including but not limited to:
- Cross trained to allow coverage at satellite offices
- Supply management
- Sample closet management
- Referral completion
Phenomenal benefits. Great place to work.