Our client, a very established boutique law firm has a need for a full-time Legal Assistant to join their growing team. This candidate will be reporting four attorneys. This candidate will provide a full range of legal support and administration to attorneys engaged in estate, trust, real estate, commercial and litigation matters. Ideal candidate must have organization, attention to detail and muti-tasking are vital in this fast-paced office. Professionalism and teamwork are prized!
Job responsibilities include:
- Compile, proof and draft contracts, leases, pleadings other legal documents
- General administrative duties ie. maintaining attorney calendars, draft and answer correspondence, maintain and organize files
- Manage client billing by preparing, finalizing and sending out bills
- Communicate with clients, coworkers, other professional and Court staff
- Prepare and file documents with courts
- Organize and track files
- Gather case facts and retrieve information
Legal Assistant Requirements:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to understand and interpret legal documents
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to communicate with clients, other attorneys’ offices and other professionals.
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe is required.
- Experience with TimeMatters software is a plus.