Lead Functional Safety Engineer
Summary of the Lead Functional Safety Engineer:
Our client, a developer of industry-leading brake technology, is looking for a Lead Functional Safety Engineer to play a key role in establishing their ongoing functional safety practice. In this position, you will analyze current functional safety processes/systems, assess improvements, and guide them for future growth of the team. You will be responsible for establishing functional safety concepts and developing detailed requirements for both application and advanced brake technology projects. You will be expected to lead and provide management recommendations based on GAP analysis of current development processes and work products required per ISO 26262.
This position is for someone looking to make their mark on a company, as you’ll be guiding the development of their functional safety team, with a fast-track to management as it grows.
Responsibilities of the Lead Functional Safety Engineer:
- Develop, Implement and Manage the Safety Process to achieve industry standards.
- Perform safety-related analysis to derive and specify safety concepts and requirements for electromechanical brake solutions.
- Support project teams in preparing work products following the safety lifecycle with respect to Systems, SW, and HW engineering.
- Collaborate with System, SW, and HW design teams to provide a robust design solution that achieves the required safety goals.
- Make management recommendations for continuous improvement and advancement of safety culture
Qualifications of the Lead Functional Safety Engineer:
- MS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or a similar discipline with 8+ years of automotive domain experience.
- Experience with ISO-26262 standard and its process level implementation for E/E systems
- Experience in embedded systems design including system, hardware, and software engineering
- Strong understanding of the V-Model development process and requirements based development
- Experience in safety analysis such as HARA, FMEA, and FTA
- Experience in safety concept development through the establishment of technical safety requirements.
- Experience in automotive development cycles and processes
- Strong skills in time management, communication (for both management and customer technical discussion), and troubleshooting.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
Compensation of the Lead Functional Safety Engineer:
Salary Range: $115,000-133,000 depending on qualifications
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered