The Lead Estimator will organize a strategic plan for pursuit to identified projects, and prepare and supervise the preparation of bids and preliminary schedules to assist in the estimating process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide cost estimation on projects
Prepare estimates by reviewing proposals, plans, specifications and related documents
- Identify and compute labor, material, time and costs by analyzing specifications
Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier quotes and estimates with project management
Prepare estimates at different levels of completion
Close public agency bids including subcontractor and material quote analysis and selection
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
Six or more years as a Project Engineer or Project Manager for heavy/civil projects
- Experience estimating public works bids including Caltrans, City/County Agency work
- Experience with PM schedules including creating baseline schedules and updating progress schedules
Experience with earthwork (mass grading for site work, highway cut/fill/import/export) and underground utilities (storm drain, water, sewer and related minor structures)
Knowledge in bridge and retaining wall construction
Proficient with AutoCAD, AGTEK, Primavera, and MS Office. Experience with HCSS Heavybid is preferred.
- Ability to review and address technical issues with solutions in a timelv manner
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask
- Ability to interact effectively with others, both within and outside of the organization
- Strong analytic skills and financial analysis skills
- Location – This role will be in the regional office in Corona, CA.
- Travel – To project sites throughout California.
Office environment – Extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching required; ability to lift 5-20 pounds occasionally.